To prescribe the rules for dealing with overdue rail traffic in the Network.
If rail traffic is overdue, the Signaller must establish its location.
The requirements of NGE 206 Reporting and responding to a Condition Affecting the Network (CAN) must be observed if the Signaller cannot communicate with the Train Crew or Track Vehicle Crew of overdue rail traffic.
Stopped rail traffic
If the rail traffic stoppage is or will become extended, the Train Crew or Track Vehicle Crew must:
- secure the rail traffic against movement, and
- establish its location, and
- tell the Signaller about the location and the reason why the train is overdue, and
- if necessary, protect the rail traffic in accordance with NTR 400 Protecting rail traffic.
Inspecting stopped rail traffic
If it is necessary to inspect their rail traffic, a Train Crew or Track Vehicle Crew must:
- make sure that they and their rail traffic is protected against rail traffic on adjacent lines, and
- tell the Signaller the result of the inspection.
Disabled rail traffic
If the Train Crew or Track Vehicle Crew reports rail traffic is overdue or disabled, the Signaller must act in accordance with NTR 416 Disabled rail traffic.