Sydney Trains is committed to protecting your right to privacy.
You have the right to know what information the RailSafe site collects about users, why the information is collected and how the information is used and, if the information is to be disclosed.
If you have any questions about this site, or the application of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW), or a request for access to information held please contact:
The Privacy Unit
What information do we collect and why?
Sydney Trains looks at the RailSafe visit data to help us improve our site and provide better information and services.
When you access the RailSafe website, information is automatically logged about each page accessed and identifies:
- Your IP address (this shows the location of your computer on the Internet)
- Your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov .au etc)
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The type of browser and operating system you have used
Sydney Trains may also perform analysis of how users move through the RailSafe site so that we can measure interest in various areas of the website. Sydney Trains does not identify users or their browsing activities external to RailSafe.