To prescribe the responsibilities of Network Controllers.
The primary responsibility of Network Controllers is to manage train paths for the safe and efficient transit of rail traffic through the Network.
Network Controllers must plan, set priorities for, and manage:
- train services
- work on track authorities
- Proceed Authorities
- liaison with relevant Operators and Maintenance Representatives and external services during incident management
- available facilities to restore train services safely and promptly.
Network Controllers must:
- respond to equipment failures and warning alarms
- as necessary, provide rail traffic details to affected Network Controllers and Signallers
- promptly report breaches of Network Rules and Network Procedures to the controlling officer and affected Operator’s Representatives.
Network Controllers must compile and maintain, in permanent form, relevant records and reports about conditions and movements in the Network.