To prescribe the responsibilities of Train Crews and Track Vehicle Crews in the Network.
The primary responsibility of Train Crews and Track Vehicle Crews is to operate trains and track vehicles for the safe and efficient transit of rail traffic through the Network.
Train Crews and Track Vehicle Crews
Train Crews and Track Vehicle Crews must:
- be responsible for the safe operation of rail traffic and the safety of other crew and passengers, and
- tell a Signaller about breaches of Network Rules and Network Procedures, and
- promptly report delays to the Signaller.
Drivers and Track Vehicle Operators
Drivers and Track Vehicle Operators must make sure that trains and track vehicles can be operated safely before they enter, and during travel in, the Network.
Drivers and Track Vehicle Operators must:
- be qualified to operate the rail traffic they drive in the Network, and
- as necessary, be qualified in the systems of Safeworking relevant to their area of operation, and
- cooperate with Signallers, Pilots, and other authorised persons, in the performance of their duties, and
- delegate duties only to Qualified Workers.
Change of Driver or Track Vehicle Operator
Drivers and Track Vehicle Operators must tell a relieving crew about any conditions that could affect the operation of the rail traffic.