To prescribe the rules for issuing a Network Incident Notice (NIN) in the Network.
A NIN must be issued as soon as possible when an incident occurs on the Network, and involves:
- actual or potential loss of life or injury, or
- actual or potential damage to or defect in Network infrastructure, or
- damage to or defect in rail traffic, or
- a breach of Network Rules or Network Procedures.
Authorised Qualified Workers must send or arrange to send NINs to nominated Representatives.
A NIN must:
- include the issuer’s name, designation and contact details, and
- include all relevant information, and
- contain only factual information.
The NIN must include the name, designation and Organisation details of each representative involved in the issue of the NIN.
If necessary, further information must be sent in another NIN.
The new NIN must include the identification details of the previous notice.