Protection Officer (PO) Recertification 2022
Protection Officer (PO) Recertification
What do I need to be recertified?
You need to have completed the following:
- Safety Critical Communication training (if you have not already gained this unit of competency)
- Online assessment for each PO level (1 to 4)
- Practical infield ASB Assessment
Safety Critical Communication training
Safety Critical Communication training has been available since 2018. POs must complete TLIF0008 - Apply Safety Critical Communication in the Rail Corridor prior to 30 November 2022.
Note: Statement of Attainment (SOA) must state it is issued for training materials licensed by TfNSW.
POs must complete the online assessment for which they require to be recertified. (PO level 1 to 4)
The Worksite Protection core process will be assessed infield using Absolute Signal Blocking (ASB) as follows:
*Conduct prework brief
*Complete and assure
PO Recertification Assessment Schedule
- June 2022 to June 2023 - Practical Infield Assessments
- August 2022 to 30 November 2022 – Online Assessments
How to Enrol
- Sydney Trains POs: Line Managers & Competency Managers will arrange enrolment
- All others: Email email@example.com
PO Recertification Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can be found here.